The perfect sweet-tart combination, to finish off the perfect meal. Choose raspberries or pomegranate seeds to top this beautiful dessert off. Besides their bright color contrast, their tartness adds to balance the sweetness from the meringue (or lemon filling).
Pick either the meringue or curd to be sweeter, but not both or it will be too much.
|Lemon Cloud Pavlova|| |
- 3 egg whites
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ - 1 cup sugar (to taste)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¾ cups whipping cream
- Raspberries or pomegranate seeds
- Using a mixer, beat eggs until frothy then add cream of tartar. Continue whipping until stiff peaks form, while gradually adding sugar. Add enough sugar until you get the taste you want. Then beat in vanilla.
- On a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet, spoon about ½ - ⅓ cup of meringue and spread into a disc about 5 inches across. Using the back of the spoon, depress the center to create a hollow, and so the sides have a bit of a ridge (to hold filling).
- Bake at 200°F for 1 hour on middle rack. Turn oven off and let cool in oven (with door slightly ajar). If they start to brown, take out of oven. Cool completely.
- Prepare curd according to directions, and chill. The spoon a bit into each meringue cup, top with a dollop of whip cream. Sprinkle with fresh berries or pomegranate seeds (assemble these just before serving, or the whip cream will start to soften the meringue).
Instead of mini pavlova's, you can make one large one.