Thinly sliced roasted beets add a touch of sweetness to the tomatoes and cheese. Then topped off with a drizzle of tangy balsamic vinegar.
Balsamic & Basil Cracker Appy's
- 20 GF Crackers
- 3 oz GF soft cheese suggestions: goat cheese, cocktail sized bococcini mozzarella
- 6 small beets cracker size, roasted & thinly sliced
- 8 large cherry tomatoes sliced ¼” thick
- Fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp GF Balsamic vinegar or GF crème de balsamico
- To roast beets, cut beets in half, place in a shallow baking dish and drizzle with olive oil tossing until coated. Cover with foil and bake at 425°F for 40 minutes or until tender. Once cool, peel and slice into ¼-inch thick slices. Set aside (may want to wear some rubber gloves to avoid staining your hands red!).
- Onto each cracker, add cheese, then stack with a beet slice and a tomato. Drizzle a bit of balsamic onto tomato, then top with a small fresh basil leaf.