Avocado’s have a smooth and creamy texture, but without an overpowering flavor. So it’s a perfect addition to ice cream, with the added bonus of their powerhouse of nutrients like potassium (more than bananas!) and lutein among other things.
In a non stick skillet over medium heat, melt butter and stir in sugar. Cook sugar just until it starts to turn golden, then remove from heat and stir in nuts. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool.
In a food processor, combine avocado, condensed milk and lemon juice. Process until smooth.
Whip cream until stiff peaks form, then fold in avocado mixture and nuts.
Using a loaf pan to set the ice cream in allows you to easily slice it up into servings, and makes it defrost a bit quicker.
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup pistachios raw or roasted
- 1 avocado halved
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- In a non stick skillet over medium heat, melt butter and stir in sugar. Cook sugar just until it starts to turn golden, then remove from heat and stir in nuts. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool.
- In a food processor, combine avocado, condensed milk and lemon juice. Process until smooth. Set aside
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form, then fold in avocado mixture and nuts.
- Pour into a plastic wrapped lined loaf pan. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- Unmold and slice to serve.
Tools used in this recipe:
All the products that we have recommended have been tried and tested in our Gluten Free Club Test Kitchen, and have been chosen as our top picks based on their:
- Quality of the task they are designed to do
- Quality of manufacturing/Longevity
- Best value for your money
If you decide to purchase any of the items we recommend, Amazon will send a small percentage of the purchase price to the Gluten Free Club (at no extra cost to you!). We appreciate and value your support, thank you!
To see all our favorite kitchen items we use and recommend in; Bakeware, Cookware, Small Appliances, Kitchen Tools & Gadgets, Knives, and Recommended Cookbooks, visit our shopping page at our Amazon.com eStore – Gluten Free Club
Is condensed milk gluten free? And which type of whipping cream did you use? Thanks
Yes condensed milk is gluten free. I use a 35% whipping cream.
How many calories per serving?
1/2 cup serving = 284 calories