Pineapple rings marinated in brown sugar and rum, then grilled until sweet and caramelized. Topped off with crunchy toasted coconut and creamy coconut cream or coconut sorbet.
|Grilled Rum Pineapple with Coconut Ice Cream|| |
- 1 pineapple, peeled & cored
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp dark rum
- 2 Tbsp flaked coconut
- Cut pineapple into ½-1" rings, and place into baking dish.
- Mix together brown sugar and rum and pour over pineapple. Turn pineapple over to coat. Let marinate for 5-30 minutes.Toast coconut by placing in a small (dry) fry pan, over medium-high heat. Shake pan often and remove from heat once starts to turn brown, about 7 minutes.
- Place pineapple rings on hot grill (spray with a bit of oil if you like), and grill for about 3 minutes per side. Use the marinade to baste the pineapple as it cooks (caramelizes).
- To serve, place 2 rings on each plate, top with a scoop of ice cream, drizzle on some of the rum marinade if you like, then sprinkle on the toasted coconut.
FAQ: Is Rum Gluten Free?