Pineapple rings marinated in brown sugar and rum, then grilled until sweet and caramelized. Topped off with crunchy toasted coconut and creamy coconut cream or coconut sorbet.
Grilled Rum Pineapple with Coconut Ice Cream
- 1 pineapple peeled & cored
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 Tbsp dark rum
- 2 Tbsp flaked coconut
- Cut pineapple into 1/2-1" rings, and place into baking dish.
- Mix together brown sugar and rum and pour over pineapple. Turn pineapple over to coat. Let marinate for 5-30 minutes.Toast coconut by placing in a small (dry) fry pan, over medium-high heat. Shake pan often and remove from heat once starts to turn brown, about 7 minutes.
- Place pineapple rings on hot grill (spray with a bit of oil if you like), and grill for about 3 minutes per side. Use the marinade to baste the pineapple as it cooks (caramelizes).
- To serve, place 2 rings on each plate, top with a scoop of ice cream, drizzle on some of the rum marinade if you like, then sprinkle on the toasted coconut.
[hr]FAQ: Is Rum Gluten Free?