Lemons and capers are one of my favorite combinations. Both are a bit a strong and sour, yet each has their own unique flavor that they don’t mask or overwhelm each other.
Together they create a wonderful sauce to serve over top of chicken.
|Lemon-Caper Chicken Piccatta|| |
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp cornstarch + 2 tsp rice flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp oil, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup GF chicken broth
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley, minced
- Mix cornstarch and rice flour into a shallow dish. Season chicken with salt and pepper then dredge in flour mixture.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in cast iron skillet and fry chicken until fully cooked. Set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in skillet and sauté shallot until soft. Stir in capers, broth and lemon juice. Stir, scraping any browned bits into sauce. If want a thicker sauce, add a cornstarch mixture (2 tsp cornstarch + 2 tsp cold water) into the skillet, stiring well. Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
- To serve, pour sauce over chicken.