Why does meat get all the attention on the BBQ? Veggies taste fantastic from the grill, especially with a bit of char on them!
What’s even better is the flavor created by charring lemons on the BBQ, then making them into a butter sauce to pour over those perfectly grilled veggies.
Grilling caramelizes the lemons, and mellows them by taking the out that sharp sourness.
See what I mean in this delicious recipe:
|Grilled Broccoli with Charred Lemon Butter|| || |
- 1 bunch broccoli or broccolini
- 1 lemon, zested and halved
- 2 Tbsp oil
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Cut broccoli into large florets (with stems) and steam until almost tender. Stop cooking by immersing quickly in cold water, drain, set aside.
- Warm butter and add lemon zest and garlic. Keep warm and set aside.
- Heat grill on high. Toss broccoli in oil, then place them and halved lemons on hot grill. Grill until slightly charred and broccoli is just tender.
- To serve, drizzle butter mixture over broccoli, then squeeze a bit of charred lemon over top (or whisk in some of the squeezed charred lemons into the butter mixture, to taste, then pour over veggies).