This recipe has a lot of spice thanks to the curry powder and other condiments! It’s great served with rice or a big salad.
Spiced Chicken Casserole
- 3 lbs chicken pieces with bone and skins intact for best flavor
- 4 tsp oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tsp oil
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 cups GF ketchup
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp GF curry powder
- 4 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp teriyaki or GF soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet set on medium high. Add chicken pieces and brown until golden in color. Remove the chicken from the pan and drain the excess liquid out.
- To skillet add the onion, garlic, more oil, lemon juice, lemon rind, ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard, curry powder, wine vinegar, soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir rapidly, scraping at the bottom so the browned bits flavor the sauce. Return chicken to pan.
- Lower the heat to low and simmer uncovered until cooked through, about 20-30 minutes.
[hr]FAQ: Which Vinegars Are Safe?