Instead of cake and ice cream, serve these at your kids next birthday party. Better yet, have the kids assemble it themselves. Have some sprinkles and mini-chocolate chips for them to roll the ice cream edges in.
|Ice Cream Sandwiches|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
Instead of cake and ice cream, serve these at your kids next birthday party.
- Recipe for Chocolate Wafer Cookies
- Your favorite GF ice cream
- Prepare cookies as directed*, cutting out into any shape you'd like your ice cream sandwiches to be.
- Once cookies have completely cooled, spread some softened ice cream onto the bottom of one cookie, leaving about ½" from the edge. Place another cookie on top, and gently press down until the ice cream comes to the edge.
- If desired, can roll the ice cream edges in some gluten-free sprinkles, nuts, or whatever you like.
- Wrap in waxed paper and freeze until ready to serve.
Cookie recipe gives you the option to bake them soft or crispy. You can use either to make these ice cream sandwiches. The ice cream will soften the cookies the longer they stay in the freezer (by the 4th day the cookies will become soft)