Cream cheese and melted butter create the ‘chewiness’ in these great tasting sugar cookies.
Combine the ingredients until a smooth dough forms. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes to allow the flours to absorb the moisture (this will prevent ‘grittiness’).
Use a teaspoon or tablespoon size cookie scoop to shape the dough and place on a lined baking sheet. For extra flavor and a crunchy crust, you can roll the balls in a bit of granulated sugar. Gently press down the cookies to flatten slightly (to 1/2″) and bake.
|Chewy Sugar Cookies|| |
- 1¾ cups GFC Flour Blend for Baking II
- ¾ cup + 2 Tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 3oz cream cheese, softened & cubed
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- Combine flours, leveners, salt and gum, whisking until well combined.
- In another bowl, add sugar, cream cheese, and warm melted butter. Beat to combine. Add egg and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- Stir in flour, mixing until smooth dough forms. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes.
- Roll teaspoon or tablespoon size balls and place on a lined baking sheet. You can roll each in sugar for added flavor and a crunchy texture if you like. Flatten each cookie to ½".
- Bake at 350°F for 12-14 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before moving to wire rack.