Use for ice cream sandwich cookies, or to crumble up and use when you need to make a chocolate cookie crust.
Chocolate Wafer Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups GF Flour Blend*
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum*
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp milk or milk alternative
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
*or substitute Bob's Red Mill Biscuit & Baking mix in place of the flour mix and xanthan gum
- In a mixer, add flour, cocoa, sugar, salt, gum and baking soda - pulse several times to mix thoroughly. Add butter and pulse until crumbly. Add in remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- For sliced cookies, shape the dough into a log about 1 3/4 inches in diameter (or as big as you want your cookies). Or for cut-out cookies, shape into 2 flattened balls, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least one hour.
- Slice or roll out cookies (between two pieces of plastic wrap) to 1/8 - 1/4" thick, and place on a lined baking sheet. Chill in freezer for 10 minutes, then bake at 325°F for 12-15 minutes (depending on thickness). If you want softer cookies, remove from oven. If you want crispy cookies, turn oven off and let cookies sit in oven for another 15 minutes.
Use these cookies to make the perfect Ice Cream Sandwich!