Finely minced mushrooms, fried onions and Worcestershire are the key ingredients to the bold and rich flavors in these amazing tasting burger patties.
Adding finely minced mushrooms adds moisture and a rich flavor without tasting like mushrooms. Work the mushrooms into the meat before adding the remaining ingredients.
Add the remaining ingredients to the burgers and mix to combine. It’s always nice to see in bold print when a product we like is gluten free 🙂 Add the rest of the burger ingredients and mix until well combined.
Shape into patties, or use a burger forming tool like this one. For added flavor use some wood smoking chips when BBQing.
|Savory Burgers|| |
- 2 lbs ground beef
- ½ cup finely minced fresh mushrooms
- 4 Tbsp GF Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup fresh GF breadcrumbs, finely ground
- ½ cup finely chopped fried onions, cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- GF burger buns
- 1 egg white + 1 Tbsp water (or 1 Tbsp olive oil)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Combine the beef and mushrooms until well distributed. Mix in the remaining ingredients, and shape in 6 patties. Grill until fully cooked.
- For the buns, brush each bun top with the egg white mixture, then sprinkle on a bit of the remaining ingredients onto each bun. Place on baking sheet and broil buns until garlic is golden, about 2 minutes.
- Top with your favorite fillings and condiments.