A traditional Greek salad doesn’t use any lettuce. The fresh veggies, cheese and dressing shine all on their own.
|Greek Salad|| |
Author: Angie Halten
A traditional Greek salad doesn't use any lettuce. The fresh veggies, cheese and dressing shine all on their own.
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp GF balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 small fresh cucumbers, peeled & chopped
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, chopped
- 1-2 green pepper, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 10 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced (or 2 tsp dried)
- 5 fresh oregano leaves, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- GF feta cheese, to taste
- ¼ cup black Kalamata olives
- In a lidded jar, mix garlic and balsamic vinegar, and let sit for 10 minutes (this takes the "edge" off). Add remaining dressing ingredients, shake until combined.
- Combine salad ingredients, then toss with dressing.
FAQ: Which Vinegars Are Safe?