A traditional Greek salad doesn’t use any lettuce. The fresh veggies, cheese and dressing shine all on their own.
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp GF balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 small fresh cucumbers peeled & chopped
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes chopped
- 1-2 green pepper chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 10 fresh basil leaves thinly sliced (or 2 tsp dried)
- 5 fresh oregano leaves chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- GF feta cheese to taste
- 1/4 cup black Kalamata olives
- In a lidded jar, mix garlic and balsamic vinegar, and let sit for 10 minutes (this takes the "edge" off). Add remaining dressing ingredients, shake until combined.
- Combine salad ingredients, then toss with dressing.
[hr]FAQ: Which Vinegars Are Safe?