BBQ sauce seems to be the go-to condiment when putting any kind of meat on the barbeque.
I realize it is a bit easier to just squeeze from a bottle, but this marinade and topping don't take much time at all to prepare - and the taste is soo much better.
Gluten-free soy sauce, brown sugar and a bit of ginger and allspice, create a sweet and savory marinade for the pork chop. And when topped with a grilled pineapple and scallion salsa, it's absolutely delicious!
|Pork Chops with Grilled Pineapple Salsa|
- 1 pineapple, peeled & cored
- 1 bunch scallions or green onions
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp GF soy sauce
- 1 tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 pork chops
- Slice pineapple into rings and chop scallions into 2 inch pieces, set aside.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients, except meat, and divide into 3 bowls. One to marinade the pork chops in, another to marinate the pineapple and scallions in, and the last to use to baste everything as it grills. Allow meat and salsa to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place pineapple, scallions and pork on a hot grill. Baste as needed, and grill until fully cooked.
- To serve, cut up grilled pineapple and place in a small bowl. Add scallions and toss with 1 tsp soy sauce. Pile salsa on top of pork chop, and serve alongside rice.