For those on a keto diet, pasta is out of the question. So in place of the noodles, thinly sliced cabbage is a great stand in and creates and amazing tasting dish (although not surprising it does taste a lot like cabbage rolls :))
Remove the core, then thinly slice the cabbage into long strands.
Saute the cabbage in some butter and water and cover until tender. In a separate skillet fry the meat until fully cooked then stir in the pasta sauce.
- 1 head green cabbage
- ¼-1/2 butter or margarine (as needed to saute the cabbage)
- ½ cup water
- 3 cups Marinara sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove outer leaves from cabbage and the core. Thinly slice entire head.
- In a large skillet melt butter and add cabbage and water. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile brown the meat in another skillet, drain once fully cooked then stir in the pasta sauce.
- Toss with cabbage and season to taste with salt and pepper.