Baking this casserole in a pumpkin shell adds a great flavor to this dish, and looks great on the table.
Dinner In A Pumpkin
Baking this casserole in a pumpkin shell adds a great flavor to this dish.
- 1 pumpkin 8 to 10”
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 celery rib
- Garlic chopped (to taste)
- 1/2 cup green pepper chopped
- 2 cans GF mushroom soup
- 2 cans mushrooms drained
- 4 Tbsp GF soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 apple chopped
- 1 tsp dry ginger
- 3 cups rice cooked
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts drained
- Brown meat, drain and add fresh veggies, simmer a few minutes. Add all other ingredients except pumpkin. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop out pumpkin pulp and seeds, fill with filling, put lid on and place on a rack over water in a pan cook in an oven at 350°F degrees. Bake 1 ½ to 2 hours or until pumpkin feels tender.
- Serve on a tray, and dish each portion with a scoop of pumpkin.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!