Italian & Mexican flavors combine in these tasty burgers!
Use your hands to mix the meats together, then shape into patties – or use a press like below.
When preparing the pico de gallo, take the time to seed the tomatoes. This will remove much of the moisture preventing the mixture from becoming too watery.
An egg wash is brushed on the tops of the buns which acts as a glue for the seasonings to stick on. A quick broil in the oven dries the egg and turns the fresh garlic nice and golden.
Pepper Jack Burgers with Pico de Gallo
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 GF Italian sausage casing removed
- Salt and pepper
- Pepper jack cheese sliced
- Pico de Gallo
- 6 GF burger buns
- 1 egg wash* 1 egg white, 1 Tbsp water, pinch salt
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Dried or fresh oregnao
- Dried or fresh thyme
- Sea salt
- Combine meat together using hands then divide 6 portions. Shape into a ball, flattening into a 4 ½” patty, pressing your thumb into the center to form a depression (this will prevent the burgers from bulging as they grill). Season both sides with salt and pepper, then grill until fully cooked.
- Prepare Pico de Gallo as directed and set aside while burgers are cooking so flavors can blend.
- To season the buns, brush each bun top with a bit of the egg wash then sprinkle on the remaining ingredients onto each. Broil in oven for a few minutes until the egg wash is dry.