Served over a bed of rice, these finger-licking good meatballs will have them asking for seconds.
|Sweet & Tangy Meatballs|| || |
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup GF bread crumbs
- ½ cup onions, finely diced
- ½ cup green and red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp GF mustard
- 2 tbsp GF Worcestershire sauce
- For meatballs, combine all ingredients and mix well. Roll into 1' balls and then place on a broiler pan and broil for 10 - 15 minutes, turning once. Place into an deep oven proof dish and set aside.
- For sauce, in a pan combine the ingredients and heat until sugar is melted. Pour over meatballs, then cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, or until meatballs are fully cooked.