Plumped up with chopped fresh herbs, a little carrot, celery, onion and garlic, and all culminating into one hearty burger.
|Turkey Burgers|| |
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, minced
- ½ cup carrot, minced
- ¼ cup celery, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs ground turkey meat
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup loosely packed parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage, minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Sauté the chopped celery, carrots, and onion in olive oil for 3 minutes over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes, or until the garlic begins to brown. Remove from heat, transfer to a large bowl to cool down.
- Once cool to the touch, add the ground turkey, salt, pepper, and herbs into the bowl. Using your hands, gently mix everything until well combined (you want the herbs mixed in without overworking the meat-which would make the burgers tough).
- Form the meat into patties, spray lightly with some cooking oil and BBQ or fry in a hot cast iron frying pan for 5-6 minutes per side, until cooked through.