Curry is not a single spice it is a mixture of several finely ground spices. It can have some or all of the following: turmeric, ginger, coriander, cumin, chilli powder and pepper.
You can make your own (like this simple one I did in this recipe), or buy a pre-made one from the store. Either way is good – its all about your own personal taste!
|Curried Chicken Skewers with Almond Satay Dipping Sauce|| |
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- Soak 4 wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes. Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Combine remaining ingredients and rub into chicken cubes. Thread cubes onto skewers and grill over med-high heat until cooked.
- For Almond Satay sauce, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Serve with sauce on the side, or make into lettuce cups: use butter or bib lettuce leaves as a wrap, include a slice of mango and some chicken and satay sauce.