Start with a great bread, a fresh piece of halibut, and some veggie toppings, and you are off to a great start for this halibut sandwich. But the real star of this sandwich…is the mayo!
That’s where the Mediterranean flavors come to life. Sun-dried tomatoes, capers, and lemon zest transform this mayo into a flavor packed sauce (its even great on hamburgers!).
|Mediterranean Halibut Sandwich|| |
- ⅓ cup GF mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp capers, mashed
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grilled zucchini strips
- Roasted red pepper
- Brush halibut with a bit of olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill or bake halibut at 450°F for about 20 minutes, or until flakes with a fork.
- To make mayo, combine all ingredients and stir together in a bowl. Or place in a mini food processor and pulse all ingredients together until you get the consistency you desire.
- Split the bread loaf lengthwise, brush with a bit of olive oil and grill until lightly toasted.
- To serve, spread some of the mayo mixture onto the bread, top with a piece of cooked fish and some lettuce.