This simple appy is filled with savory mushrooms in a light creamy sauce.
Once the mushrooms are a deep golden brown, add the cream and other seasonings. Once the cream has quickly reduce down, remove from heat and spoon some of the mixture onto each slice of the toasted baguette.
|Mushroom & Oregano Crostini|| |
- 1 GF baguette, ½” sliced
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 shallots, minced
- 6 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced (454 g)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano
- ½ cup half and half cream (or full fat coconut milk)
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp GF balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, shaved, optional
- Brush the tops of each baguette sliced with the 2 Tbsp of olive oil and broil until golden.
- Add the remaining 2 Tbsp oil to skillet and saute shallots until tender, add mushrooms and garlic and saute until mushrooms turn golden brown. Reduce heat to medium-low, add oregano, cream and zest, stirring until mixture is thoroughly mixed and begins to thicken slightly. Stir in balsamic and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon some of the mixture on top of each toasted baguette slice, then top with the cheese.