Here is a versatile dip that can be used for a bunch of different appy’s, sauces, or sandwiches. Try it as a…
- Chip dip
- Veggie dip
- Warmed up used as a dipping sauce for baked salmon
- Tossed with hot pasta to create a creamy sauce
- Cracker spread
- Crostini or baguette spread (then top with some roasted red peppers or baked garlic)
- Spread on sandwiches in place of mayo
Make the recipe thin (for dips or sauces), or thick (for spreads), depending on what you need it for.
|Creamy Basil Dip & Spread|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
Depending on how much liquid you add, it can be as thick or thin as you like. Make a thick dip for crackers and veggies, or thin it out to be more spreadable to use as a condiment on burgers or sandwiches.
- Mix together all ingredients, except milk, using an electric mixer. Slowly pour in milk until you get the thickness you want.
For a dairy free option, use a soft tofu in place of the cream cheese and omit the Parmesan and milk. Adjust the other ingredients to taste, and add more tofu if needed until you get the consistency you desire.