Snacking on a low carb diet can be difficult, but not anymore!
Because flaxseeds have an extremely hard hull (in terms of what our digestive system can handle), crack them first by using a mortar and pestle, otherwise they will pass undigested through your body.
Between 2 pieces of parchment, flatten dough to about 8×12″. The dough is easy enough to ‘push’ out with the rolling pin using one hand. Cut into desired shapes/sizes then chill dough for 30 minutes. When ready to bake, just slide parchment onto baking sheet – you don’t need to separate pieces, they will snap apart once they are baked and cooled.
|Asiago & Rosemary Crackers|| |
- 1 ½ cups ground almonds
- ¼ cup Asiago or Parmesan cheese, finely grated (optional)
- 2 Tbsp cold butter, chopped into pieces
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed*
- 2 tsp rosemary, crushed
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients together in food processor, pulsing until dough comes together.
- Roll out dough between two pieces of parchment (really can just push the rolling pin in all directions to flatten evenly out) to ⅛” thick, or about 8x12” rectangle.
- Place onto a baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove top parchment and using a pizza cutter or knife cut into bite-sized squares/triangles, then prick all over with fork (you don’t need to separate pieces). Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until golden all over. Note: I used a preheated baking stone, which speeds the cooking time by about 5-10 minutes.
- Once cool, snap pieces apart and store in an airtight container.