Asiago & Rosemary Crackers (Low Carb)
The key to rolling out this dough (or any other dough!) perfectly every time, so that even the edges are the same thickness at the center…
Rolling pin bands! (see below for more information on ordering these)
I wish I discovered these things long ago. But as you can tell from the pictures below it wasn’t until after I made this recipe – which is why all the edge pieces of these crackers are burnt! For less than $10, these bands (3/8″, 1/4″, 1/8″, & 1/16″) ensure every inch of your dough will not be wasted by your heavy-handed rolling pin technique 🙂
And now, on to the recipe!
Because flaxseeds have an extremely hard hull (in terms of what our digestive system can handle), crack them first by using a mortar and pestle, otherwise they will pass undigested through your body.
Between 2 pieces of parchment, flatten dough to about 8×12″. The dough is easy enough to ‘push’ out with the rolling pin using one hand. Cut into desired shapes/sizes then chill dough for 30 minutes. When ready to bake, just slide parchment onto baking sheet – you don’t need to separate pieces, they will snap apart once they are baked and cooled.
Note: Using a baking stone will help make these crackers the perfect crispiness!
Asiago & Rosemary Crackers
- 1 ½ cups ground almonds
- ¼ cup Asiago or Parmesan cheese finely grated (optional)
- 2 Tbsp cold butter chopped into pieces
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed*
- 2 tsp rosemary crushed
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients together in food processor, pulsing until dough comes together.
- Roll out dough between two pieces of parchment (really can just push the rolling pin in all directions to flatten evenly out) to 1/8” thick, or about 8x12” rectangle.
- Place onto a baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove top parchment and using a pizza cutter or knife cut into bite-sized squares/triangles, then prick all over with fork (you don’t need to separate pieces). Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until golden all over. Note: I used a preheated baking stone, which speeds the cooking time by about 5-10 minutes.
- Once cool, snap pieces apart and store in an airtight container.
GFC Tried & Tested Recommendations
All the products that we have recommended have been tried and tested in our Gluten Free Club Test Kitchen, and have been chosen as our top picks based on their:
- Quality of the task they are designed to do
- Quality of manufacturing/Longevity
- Best value for your money
If you decide to purchase any of the items we recommend, Amazon will send a small percentage of the purchase price to the Gluten Free Club (at no extra cost to you!). We appreciate and value your support, thank you!