A flavorful mixture of ingredients is spread on a head of cauliflower and baked until tender. One bite and you’ll never eat plain cauliflower again!
Use a knife to remove the bottom leaves and a bit of the core – but keep the head intact. Combine all the crust ingredients in a bowl, mixing until smooth.
Spread the mixture on using the base of a spoon, pressing it into the head so it fully adheres. Top with some freshly chopped rosemary (or mix it in with the crust ingredients) and bake until tender!
Paprika-Crusted Baked Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower
- Salt and pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated (or dry powdered-style)
- 2 Tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp paprika or chili powder for a spicier kick
- ½ tsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- Remove leaves and just enough of the core of the cauliflower so it is able to stand upright, with all the florets still attached.
- Mix all the crust ingredients together in a bowl until a smooth paste forms. Spread the mixture over the entire head of the cauliflower, pressing to adhere.
- Place in a baking dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake at 425°F for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. To serve, slice in wedges.