Mozzarella, cream and fresh dill create a wonderful sauce for these boiled potatoes.
|Creamy Dill & Cheese Potatoes|| |
Author: Angie Halten
The sauce for these potatoes is very easy to prepare and a wonderful way to cook up some fresh garden dill.
- 8 to 12 small red-skinned new potatoes, halved or quartered
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, cut in 1" lengths
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup GF mozzarella cheese, grated
- Place potatoes in a large pot. Cover with water and boil covered, until tender when pierced, about 20 minutes. Drain and place in a serving container. Keep warm.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and green onions and cook until limp. Add the dill and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, and add salt and pepper to taste. While stirring, slowly add the cheese and cook until the cheese is melted. Spoon the sauce over the potatoes and serve.