The perfect side dish for Thanksgiving, or anytime of the year when you want to be reminded of those rich and savory aromas of late fall. Cumin and cinnamon add a wonderful aroma and depth of flavor to these golden roasted purple carrots.
Using purple carrots make this dish as beautiful as it is delicious. I got these carrots from my neighbors garden – I didn’t even know they came in other colors! Slice them lengthwise, and keep a bit of the stems on if you can (just for looks).
|Cumin Roasted Carrots|| |
- 1 bunch carrots, sliced lengthwise, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- In a large bowl mix together the marinade. Add carrots and toss well to coat. Let marinate for 1 hour.
- Drain off marinade and toss carrots with 1-2 Tbsp of the oil. Arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 425°F for 30-35 minutes, or until tender, tossing halfway through cooking.
- To serve, garnish with parsley.