A simple vinaigrette transforms boring veggies into a delicious side dish that is full of flavor.
Steam or boil the veggies individually until tender-crisp, then immediately place in ice water to stop the cooking process. Once cold, remove and pat dry. To make ahead of time, the veggies can be stored in the fridge at this point until you are ready to serve.
Mixed Vegetables with Warm Vinaigrette
- 12 baby carrots thinly slice on the diagonal
- 6 spring onions or shallots quartered
- 1 ½ lbs asparagus chopped into 2” pieces
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp GF Dijon
- ½ tsp sugar optional
- 1 Tbsp water
- 3 tsp fresh parsley minced
- 3 tsp fresh dill chopped
- Steam carrots and asparagus until tender-crisp, and onions until tender. Immediately submerge in ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain, pat dry and set aside. The dish can be made ahead of time to this point. Store veggies in fridge until ready to serve.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, and sugar then pour into a skillet. Once mixture starts to bubble, add veggies, water and herbs and toss to combine and until veggies are warmed throughout. Season to taste with salt and pepper.