A cross between honey mustard and a spicy hot mustard, this version is the best of both worlds!
Using a double boiler and whisking constantly will prevent the egg from curdling, leaving you with a silky smooth texture.
|Hot & Sweet Mustard|
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ⅓-2/3 cup mustard powder, to taste
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar or dry white wine
- ¼- ½ cup honey, to taste
- 3 eggs yolks
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Whisk together all ingredients and set over a double boiler. Taste and adjust mustard powder or honey as desired.
- Continue to stir until mixture thickens (160°F), about 7 minutes.
- When poured into sterilized jars, mustard will keep up to 2 months in fridge.