There’s no need to use a thickener in this recipe, the potatoes do a great job of thickening the soup.
Cream of Cauliflower Soup
- 6 1/2 cups water or GF chicken stock
- 3 potatoes coarsely chopped
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 carrots coarsely chopped
- 1 small head of cauliflower coarsely chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a large soup pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer and cook for about an hour, or until the vegetables become extra soft.
- For a chunky soup, leave as it. For a creamy soup, put everything in a blender/food processor and purée until smooth.