Your favorite appetizer is transformed into a deliciously rich and creamy soup…which can easily be made dairy free too:)
Saute the onions and leeks until lightly golden.
Once you add the spinach, cook for only 3 minutes – this ensures a fresher taste.
Puree until smooth (or to your likeness).
|Spinach & Artichoke Soup|| |
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp GF flour*
- 3 cups chicken broth (or veggie)
- 9oz canned/frozen artichoke hearts, quartered
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- ½ cup heavy cream (or canned coconut milk)
- 4oz baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, sauté leek and celery with butter until tender-crisp. Add thyme, garlic and flour, stirring for another minute until the veggies are well coated.
- Add broth, artichokes, and half of the lemon zest, and bring to a simmer cooking until all veggies are tender.
- Add in the cream, spinach, and parsley and cook for another 3 minutes. Using an immersion blender or food processor, puree soup until smooth and return to pot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and stir in an of the remaining lemon zest and juice if needed to taste.