A lean and healthy choice for meat loaf.
|Buffalo Meatloaf|| |
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- ¾ cup GF bread crumbs
- ½ cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp ketchup (or puréed roasted peppers)
- 1 Tbsp GF steak sauce (or GF Worcestershire sauce)
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 lbs ground buffalo
- ½ cup water (for de-glazing pan)
- Cook onion, celery and carrots in a few teaspoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over moderate heat until softened.
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl and stir in breadcrumbs, parsley, egg, ketchup, steak sauce, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Stir in buffalo (do not over mix) and form mixture into a 10 inch x 4 inch oval loaf and place in a shallow metal baking pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 1 hour 10 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted 2 inches into the center registers 160°F.
- While meatloaf is resting, make sauce by de-glazing the baking pan with water over moderate heat, scraping up brown bits. Once liquid has reduced and slightly thickened, drizzle over meatloaf and serve.