Using fire-roasted tomatoes adds a wonderful rich and smoky flavor to this thick soup. For parties, try serving this in shot glasses for a fun and easy to ‘drink’ soup!
Creamy Tuscan Tomato Soup
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¾ cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 28 oz can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 4 oz. reduced fat GF cream cheese* cubed
- 2 cups milk or milk alternative
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, sauté onions in oil until soft, then add garlic and tomatoes. Add cream cheese, and stir until melted. Stir in the the basil.
- Pour mixture into a blender (in 2 batches), and process until smooth, then return to pan.
- Add milk and seasonings, and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.