Fresh herbs like mint and cilantro create a mouth-watering base for this soup.
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper seeds, stems and ribs removed, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 lbs zucchini skin on, chopped
- 2 potatoes peeled & cubed
- 3 cups GF chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves loosely packed & chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro loosely packed & chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat, and sauté the onion and jalapeno's for 4-5 minutes until the onions soft. Then add the garlic, potatoes and zucchini and sauté for another 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Add broth, water, and bring to a simmer to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add the mint and cilantro. Purée in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return the soup to the pot, and add the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and sprigs of mint or cilantro.