A healthy treat to accompany a piping hot cup of tea.
Cranberry Chocolate Biscotti
- 3/4 cup amaranth flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 3 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp guar gum or xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 eggs reserve one egg white
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Combine all dry ingredients except sugar in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and sugar until blended, then mix into flour mixture.
- Place dough on a parchment lined baking sheet, and form into a log. Brush top with reserved egg white.
- Bake at 325°F for 30-35 minutes, until just starting to turn golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the biscotti into even slices (1 inch thick). Then bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until crisp.
- Store in an airtight container.