These chewy cookies have a mouth-watering spiced aroma and taste. Freeze any leftover cookies you have and save for later – if you grind them up in a food processor into fine crumbs, they make a great cookie-crust (especially for cheesecake).
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp white rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup dark molasses
- Mix all dry ingredients together. In another bowl cream butter and sugar, then add egg and molasses.
- Slowly add dry mixture into wet, mixing well after each addition. Once combined, cover and refrigerate for at least 1hour.
- Roll dough into balls (small or large-depending on what size cookie you want), then roll in a bowl of white sugar to completely coat. Place on a greased cookie sheet, and bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are crackled and set. Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes, then remove them to a wire rack to cool completely.