Get your frustrations out while making dinner! After you boil baby potatoes, carefully smash them down using the base of a glass or cup.
Then by drizzling them with some oil and baking them, a flavorful crispy crust is created.
|Smashed Potatoes|| |
- 1 lb small potatoes
- Vegetable or olive oil (your preference)
- Coarse salt
- Herbs or seasonings of your choice
- Boil potatoes whole until just tender, about 15 minutes.
- On a greased baking sheet, place all drained potatoes. Using the base of a glass, slowly and gently push down on each potato until it just breaks. Continue until all are done. Drizzle more oil generously over potatoes, then sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake at 450°F for about 35 minutes or until crisp, turning once (or just turn on broiler at end for a few minutes to brown tops instead of turning).