Forget those expensive gourmet hot chocolate mixes. Aside from potential gluten, they taste watery and not nearly as flavorful as making your own from scratch.
|Peppermint Hot Chocolate|| |
- 2 cups milk or milk alternative
- 1 cup water, optional (for a thinner tasting hot chocolate)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 oz GF milk chocolate, chopped
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- In saucepan, heat milk and sugar (and water if desired) until hot, but do not allow to boil.
- Stir in chocolate until melted. Just before serving, stir in peppermint.