Caprese is a traditional Italian layered salad with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, olive oil and salt and pepper. There is something about a few simple ingredients, that taste the best.
Here are some of those same salad ingredients, but layered together to make this tasty Eggs Benedict. Topped with a simple (and low fat) homemade Pesto Hollandaise, this will be a sure-fire hit at your next brunch.
Caprese Eggs Benedict
- 4 eggs
- 2 GF English muffins split and toasted
- 4 to mato slices
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella optional
- Pesto Hollandaise
- Fresh basil leaves garnish
- Poach eggs in boiling water, or cook in microwave until desired doneness.
- To assemble, place 2 muffin halves (cut side up) on each plate. Top with mozzarella slice, poached egg, a tomato slice and the hollandaise sauce.