Filled with nuts, seeds and dried fruit, these crunchy little clusters are perfect over cereal, oatmeal, yogurt or as a snack on their own.
The finely ground almonds and the maple syrup are what acts to bind the granola together. Be sure to chop the dried fruit into very small pieces. If too large, they will break apart from the granola clusters once baked.
If you break apart the granola before it is completely cooled, it will crumble into fine pieces. The syrup, once it has cooled will harden the mixture and bind everything together into firmly – so be patient!
Fruit & Nut Granola Clusters
- 1 cup whole almonds divided
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup GF rolled oats
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 2/3 cup dried fruit cranberries, apricots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pepita seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 3 tsp vanilla
- In a food process add 1/2 cup of the almonds and process into a fine powder. Pour into large bowl.
- Add remaining almonds to food processor along with walnuts and pulse until finely chopped. Pour into bowl.
- Combine the remaining dry ingredients into the bowl and stir well.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients and mix well until everything is well moistened. Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet, and with oiled hands firmly press out to 1/2" thick.
- Bake at 275°F for 30-40 minutes, or until lightly golden and top is crisp.
- Allow to cool completely before breaking into pieces.