I've never met a potato I didn't like. Baked, broiled, mashed, stuffed, fried, you name, I love it.
If you think potatoes in a pancake sounds gross, you're right! But these aren't like a traditional batter-like fluffy pancake, they are more like a hashbrown than a pancake. For me, the cheese and sour cream toppings are what really makes these great.
|Potato Pancakes (Latkas)|
- 2 Tbsp GF flour mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp GF sour cream
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 potatoes, peeled & grated
- 3 slices GF bacon, cooked & crumbled
- ¼ onion, sautéed
- GF cheddar cheese, grated
- GF sour cream
- Combine together first five ingredients in a blender.
- Place shredded potatoes, bacon bits, and sautéed onion in a large bowl and mix together with the egg mixture.
- In a medium-hot greased skillet, use about ¼ cup to create each pancake. Cover with lid and cook until bottom is golden, then flip. Cook until potato is tender, about 5-8 minutes (add more oil as needed for frying).
- If desired, sprinkle some cheddar cheese onto each pancake, and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream to serve.