Molasses adds great flavor and creates a wonderful aroma, to these otherwise boring bran muffins!
|Buttermilk & Molasses Bran Muffins|| |
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup margarine or butter
- ⅓ cup rice bran
- 1⅓ cups rice flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk or milk alternative
- Blend the soda and molasses until light and foamy. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the margarine and brown sugar, then mix in the eggs along with the rice bran and rice flour.
- To the molasses mixture, add the buttermilk and stir well. Then add this to the brown sugar mixture, and mix well.
- Pour into greased/paper lined muffin tins and fill ¾ full. Bake at 375°F for about 30 minutes, or until internal temperature of muffin reaches 205°F, using an instant read thermometer.