These bars are quick to throw together, and are perfect for a bite on-the-go!
Author: Marla Hingley
- 1 cup roasted cashews, chopped (or other nut)
- 1 ½ cups GF crispy rice cereal
- ¾ cup GF rolled oats
- ⅔ cup pitted dates, finely chopped
- ⅔ cup flaked coconut
- ¾ cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup semisweet or dark chocolate, melted
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl, set aside.
- In a medium size saucepan, combine remaining indents and warm over medium-low heat until melted and smooth. Add cereal mixture and stir until well moistened.
- Press into a 8” parchment lined baking pan and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from pan and drizzle with melted chocolate. Chill again until chocolate is set then cut into bars.