These bars are quick to throw together, and are perfect for a bite on-the-go!
Soften the dates by soaking in some water water for about 15 minutes. Then use a knife to cut them in half to remove the pit. Finely chop dates by hand, or place in a food processor.
Once the wet and dry ingredients are mixed together, spread it out into parchment lined pan and press down firmly. Once chilled, remove from pan and cut into squares. If desired, melt some chocolate and place in a small plastic bag. Snip the corner of one end and drizzle over squares.
**TIP – So you don’t waste any leftover chocolate in the bag, place what’s left in the freezer. Once its solid turn the bag inside out and every bit of the chocolate will cleanly come out and you’ll be able to save it for another time!
|Breakfast Bar|| |
- 1 cup roasted cashews, chopped (or other nut)
- 1 ½ cups GF crispy rice cereal
- ¾ cup GF rolled oats
- ⅔ cup pitted dates, finely chopped (or mince in a food processor)
- ⅔ cup flaked coconut
- ¾ cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup semisweet or dark chocolate, melted
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl, set aside.
- In a medium size saucepan, combine remaining indents and warm over medium-low heat until melted and smooth. Add cereal mixture and stir until well moistened.
- Press into a 8” parchment lined baking pan and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from pan and drizzle with melted chocolate. Chill again until chocolate is set then cut into bars.