Just the right amount of sweetness, and loaded with crunchy bits and bites!
|Almond Butter Granola Bars|| |
- 1 cup GF cereal, such as cornflakes or ‘Chex’
- 1½ cups mixed dried fruit & nuts
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- ½ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp almond butter (or other butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup GF chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients, until desired consistency has been reached. If you’d like larger pieces in your bars, pulse mixture a few times, then finish combining with a spatula.
- Wet hands, then press mixture into a parchment lined 8 x 8 inch pan (the mixture will only cover about two-thirds of the pan).
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes, until mixture starts looking a bit golden. Remove from oven, then, using a very sharp knife, gently cut bars into desired size. This is more like just ‘scoring’.
- Return pan to oven for another 10-12 minutes more, or until they are starting to get more uniformly golden.
- Remove from oven, reinforcing any of the scoring, as needed.
- Cool completely before removing; slice around each bar as you lift it from the pan.