Roasted veggies have a great flavor all on their own, but when you pair it with this light sauce that has a bit of spice – amazing!
Add all dressing ingredients into a blender or food processor (except oil), and blend until smooth. With machine running, slowly drizzle oil in – just enough until you get the consistency you want (if you are using an egg, you will probably only need to use about 2 Tbsp of oil since the egg will make the dressing creamy and thick on its own).
Grilled Veggies with Jalapeno-Cilantro Aioli
- 2 zucchini ¼” sliced lengthwise
- 4 bell peppers mix of red, yellow, orange, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 Tbsp pickled jalapeno peppers chopped
- 1 egg yolk optional
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp GF Dijon
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp - 1/2 cup olive oil
- Cut up veggies and drizzle with oil. Place on a roasting pan, or directly on the grill and cook until tender-crisp.
- Add all dressing (aioli) ingredients, except oil, into blender and process until smooth. Slowly drizzle in just enough oil, with the machine running, until you get the consistency you want.
- To serve, drizzle aioli over hot grilled veggies (you can serve the aioli at room temperature, or warm it up a bit).
You can always omit the egg, although the aioli will be less creamy/thick, and you'll need to use more oil to get the same consistency.