Black garlic adds a uniquely delicious flavor to an otherwise standard vinaigrette. If you want to know what umami tastes like (our newly identified fifth taste bud receptor) - this is the perfect recipe to try!
Look for packages of black garlic in the produce section, near the fresh garlic. In my store there were found in basket on top of the produce bins. This is definitely a product that all stores may not carry, however most stores I've checked now do have it due to its increasing popularity - the trick is to find where they are hiding it!
|Black Garlic & Balsamic Vinaigrette|
- 2 Tbsp GF balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ½ Tbsp black garlic, mashed (about 3 cloves)
- ⅛ tsp fresh or ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Combine all ingredients, except oil into a mini food processor or bowl.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil while processing/whisking, until thickened.