Use in lasagna (over the cottage cheese layer), or add some cheese and make a creamy sauce for macaroni and cheese.
Bechamel (White) Sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp corn flour
- 1 cup milk or milk alternative
- 2 Tbsp onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt to taste
- Melt the butter in a heavy pan and whisk in the flour and cook for several minutes stirring continuously. Add the milk and bring to a boil stirring continuously.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and simmer very gently for 30 minutes.