Serve over as a sauce over steak or pork, as use as a base for a cream soup.
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine divided
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms diced
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup milk divided
- 1/2 tsp onion flakes
- 1 pinch celery seed
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 1/2 Tbsp sweet rice flour
- In a sauce pan, heat 1 Tbsp butter and sauté mushrooms and onions until soft.
- Add in evap milk and 1/2 milk, along with remaining seasonings. Stir constantly for a few minutes.
- Make a paste with the rice flour and 1/4 cup milk, then add to pan, stirring constantly until thickened.