Chunks of chicken in a tomato broth infused with lime and cilantro, bring this Mexican inspired soup to life.
|Azteca Soup|| |
- 4 shallots, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 6 cups GF chicken stock
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 cooked chicken breasts*, shredded
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- GF corn chips, optional
- In a large pot, sauté the shallots with butter for a few minutes. Then add the tomato and jalapeno and cook another 2 minutes. Add the stock, and lime zest/juice, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, pour soup into bowls then add some cilantro, avocado and broken corn chips to each bowl. Top with sour cream if you like.