A Mexican style lasagna. Shredded chicken, salsa and cheese are layered together for a tasty fiesta.
Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 green bell peppers finely diced
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 Tbsp chili powder optional-you may have enough spice if you use a hot salsa
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 small can GF tomato sauce
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 Tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 whole chicken cooked boned, shredded
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- Sauté the peppers, onion, garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper in olive oil. Stir mixture often until softened, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, 1 cup salsa, tomato sauce and cilantro. Cook for 5 minutes.
- In large bowl combine chicken with lime juice; stir this into the tomato mixture. Spread 1/2 cup salsa in un-greased 13"x 9" baking dish; top with 3 corn tortillas (break in pieces to fill gaps). Top with chicken mixture; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining tortillas. Spread with remaining salsa; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350°F until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Garnish with GF sour cream, jalapenos and more cilantro.
[hr] FAQ: Are Mexican Restaurants Safe To Eat At?