Great recipe for leftover chicken (or use pre-cooked BBQ chicken from the grocery store).
- 2 chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
- 2 Tbsp cilantro chopped
- 4 corn tortillas
- In large bowl, toss shredded cooked chicken with lime juice.
- In large skillet, sauté onion, red pepper, chili powder, cumin, and salt in oil 3 minutes until onion is translucent. Add chicken. Cook 2 minutes to heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cheese and cilantro, until cheese is melted. Serve in warm GF corn tortillas.